1. Juan Carlo the Caterer – Coming from a family of Caterers from Cavite, the owner-manager Engr. Alex Michael Del Rosario was exposed to the catering business at a very early age, which fuelled his desire to put up a catering outfit of his own.
He and his wife met in Saudi Arabia and there they decided to put up a mini-restaurant in Al-Khodair campsite doing small catering projects for Filipinos and foreigners as well. The exotic Arabian, Egyptian, Indian, Pakistani, Palestinian and Tunisian dishes became a part of their daily lives, contributing a lot to their knowledge of international cuisine.
In 1995 the del Rosario’s came home from abroad and started a phenomenal catering business in the Philippines . In just a matter of months, Juan Carlo the Caterer was able to conquer the whole of Batangas, even crossing borders to Cavite, Laguna, Rizal, Quezon and Metro Manila.
Aside from catering, Juan Carlo the Caterer also ventured into corporate canteen and club house operations for:
JG Summit Petrochemical Plant
Universal Robina Corporation
Caltex Banaba Clubhouse (Fine Dining)
Caltex Banaba Clubhouse (Fine Dining)
Nestle Lipa Factory Canteen
Artistic presentation, aside from delicious food had been the hallmark of Juan Carlo.
Source: Juan Carlo the Caterer Website
There have been positive testimonials about Juan Carlo the Caterer. Their celebrity endorser is non other than the mega star Sharon Cuneta . I have friends who attested to the sumptuous food they have tasted prepared by Juan Carlo the Caterer.
Food Tasting Schedules of Juan Carlo the Caterer for 2010:May 9, 2010 – 9am – 11am at Courtyard, Fernwood Gardens,Q.C.
- May 15 & 16, 2010 - 10am – 7pm at Megatrade Hall, Megamall
- May 16, 2010 – 1pm – 6pm at Sitio Elena, Antipolo
- May 23,2010 – 11am – 3pm at La Castellana, Intramuros
- May 29, 2010 – 5pm – 7pm at Colonial, Fernbrook, Alabang
- June 5, 2010 – 9am – 11am at Fernwood Garden 1
- June 11,12 & 13 – 10am – 7pm at Taste of Manila- Megamall
- June 13, 2010 – 5pm – 7pm at Fernbrook-Colonial
- June 20, 2010 – 11am – 3pm at 1-Esplanade
- June 26 & 27,2010 – 10am – 7pm at PICC Forum, CCP Complex
- July 10, 2010 – 9am – 11am at Fernwood Garden V-1
- July 11, 2010 – 11am – 3pm at Palacio De Maynila
- July 17, 2010 – 5pm – 7pm at Fernbrook-Colonial
- July 18, 2010 – 10am – 5pm at Oasis(Gallery)
- July 31 and August 1, 2010 – 10am – 9pm at Megatrade Hall, Megamall
78 C Cenacle Drive Sanville Subdivision, Quezon City
Tel No. (02) 929 – 3674 . (02) 453 – 0071
Telefax No. (02) 920-8068
S. Ylagan St., Brgy. Aplaya, Bauan, Batangas, Philippines 4201
Tel No. (043) 727 – 3728 | (043) 727 – 3673 | (043) 727 – 3769
Fax No. (043) 727-3728
2. VS & F Classic Food International has been in the catering business for over 15 years. A family- owned business operated by Mr. Buddy Y. Abesamis, former President and now Chairman of the Board of the Food Caterers Association of the Philippines (FCAP), and a member of the International Caterers Association of America (ICA) . His partner in this venture, Mrs. Josephine C. Abesamis, is the General Manager of VS&F, a graduate of the University of the Philippines. Their experience, hard work and dedication made this business flourish from a small-time enterprise to an upscale catering service. With joint expertise from the couple and the outstanding staff of VS&F, it progressed as the Supreme Wedding and Debut Specialist in town.
VS&F is also adjudged and widely recognized as the “Best in On- The-Spot-Cooking”. All ingredients are specially prepared by our experienced culinary professionals. Every sumptuous meal will be greatly enjoyed by each guests since all are prepared hot and fresh. Truly this will be an enjoying meal.
Source: VS & F Website
Click this link for VS& F caterer innercourtyard quotation , San Agustin, Intramuros, Manila. Inner Courtyard is the courtyard/garden beside San Agustin Church. The inner courtyard is a perfect setting for those planning on a vintage or Filipinina weddding. It has a beautiful fountain in the middle and can hold up to 400 guests. San Agustin Church is considered a UNESCO world heritage site. Do visit the San Agustin museum to view Catholic artifacts and treasured religious arts.
Many celebrities such as Glady Reyes, Maricar de Mesa , Aiko Melendez and Carol Banaawa had VS & F as their caterer for their weddings. Click on this link about Grand Terrace , a perfect venue for weddings owned and operated by VS & F catering.
3. Town’s Delight -Established in 1974 at Tanza, Cavite by Mrs. Cecilia del Rosario-Pacumio, a Home Economics teacher. It has been a wedding caterer for 20 years now. Its president and general manager Mr. Andrew Pacumio is a founding director of the Food Caterers Association of the Philippines. He was the association’s vice president in 2006. The company maintains 50 regular employees and around 300 part-time employees.
The company owns The Wedding Store, a one-stop wedding shop located at the second level of SM Dasmariñas.. Town’s Delight also maintains WeddingInTheSky.com, Cavite’s first wedding website/portal that features essential info about wedding planning, products, and services. In a nutshell, Town’s Delight has established itself as a reputable and dependable catering business in Cavite that can handle wedding and other events with guaranteed expertise. It has earned the respect of Caviteños as a premier and professional company that caters to the province’s high-end clientele.
Source: Town’s Delight website
Wedding packages range from Php 500++ to Php 600++ per head.
Quite reasonably priced!
4. Josiah’s Catering – Established in 1990 by Jet and Boyet Versoza. Josiah’s have since been making waves in the catering industry with the reputation of being a trend setter and for coming up with brilliant ideas for weddings and hassle-free packages for all catering needs. They cater weddings, debuts, corporate events, anniversaries, cocktails, kids’ parties, baptisms, dedication, house warming, product launches, gallery exhibits, movie premieres, wakes, bridal showers, private parties, and all types of occasions.They have expanded their business and is the food and beverage provider of Lancaster Suites in Shaw Boulevard.
Source: Josiah’s Catering website
I have attended two (2) weddings with Josiah’s Catering as the caterer. The banquet presentation was fabulous. The food was good, but not really great. However, their service was impeccable as their waiters were very attentive and would always refill the food in the buffet.
Click to view Josiah’s wedding packages.
5. Hizon’s Catering - known for combining innovative trends with home style cooking to create a cuisine unlike any other. Their chefs create signature dishes that delight both the eyes and the palette. They offer a diverse menu featuring Asian, Latin, Caribbean, American and European cuisines. We offer different serving styles, plated service, buffet banqueting and family style lauriat.
Source: Hizon’s Catering website
I have not really tasted Hizon’s catering. But I must say they have one of the most elegant set-ups and they give the most freebies.
Follow my next blog for a post about wedding reception venues..